Christopher D. Walther
Attorney Christopher Walther’s practice is focused on representing clients in all aspects of divorce, as well as appellate law and trucking litigation. He frequently represents high profile and high net worth clients, and is known for fiercely protecting client confidentiality.
The majority of Christopher’s matters are legally and financially complex, and require creative solutions with a strong understanding of business valuation, financial principles, and tax law. He is highly-respected in the legal community, and most of his clients are the result of referrals from other attorneys.
Christopher has received an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating provided, which is a peer-review rating based upon legal abilities and excellence.
As an attorney, my objective is to help craft and achieve favorable solutions to client problems.
Much of my practice consists of representing clients in divorce, which tends to be a very emotional and uncertain time in their lives. I understand.
Many client divorces involve matters that are legally and financially complex, often involving disputed business valuations, tax matters, contested custody, and spousal support. I take on the burden of addressing and seeking solutions for the range of issues involved so that clients can focus on the other aspects of their life – their job, their children, or other matters.
Frequently, at the outset of a divorce, it may seem as though there is no way that a resolution can be reached other than through trial. Over many years, we have been able to craft creative solutions in these seemingly insurmountable circumstances that have allowed clients to achieve their primary objectives without trial.
In those situations in which trial is unavoidable, we work tirelessly in seeking the objectives desired for our clients. And, importantly, in all divorce cases involving children, we do everything possible to keep children from becoming entangled in the divorce process.
- J.D. – Marquette University Law School (1985)
- B.A. – University of Wisconsin-Madison, Philosophy (1982)
- State of Wisconsin (All Courts)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United Sates District Court for the District of Arizona
- Former Chairperson, State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Section
- Former Chairperson, Milwaukee Bar Association Family Law Section
- Former President, Society of Family Lawyers
- Guest Lecturer at Marquette University Law School Guardian ad Litem Workshop annually since 2001
- Former Chairperson of Door County Family Law Workshop
- Former member of Supreme Court Of Wisconsin Appointment Selection Committee
- Former member of State Bar of Wisconsin Section Leaders Advisory Council
- Former member of the Advisory Board Of Directors for the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic
- State Bar of Wisconsin President’s Award Recipient June 2000.